FEMS travel grants for Early Career Scientists!
The 12th International Congress of Extremophiles is selected by the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) to offer grants for congress participation for Early Career Researchers*.
The travel grant will be of €450,00 to assist with travel, accommodation and registration expenses.
To apply for this grant, you would need to meet following requirements:
- be a member of a FEMS Member Society* or be recommended by such a member
- be an Early Career Scientist**
- be an Active Microbiologist
- be presenting author at the meeting (oral or poster)
*Find out if your society is a FEMS Member at https://fems-microbiology.org/member-societies/
**These are active microbiologists who obtained the highest academic degree - Bachelor, Master or PhD - less than five years prior to the application deadline date, or are a Master or PhD student.
Please submit a completed ECS Meeting Grant Application Form, a brief CV (one page, mandatory), a copy of a document testing membership of a FEMS Member Society or recommendation letter by a member (recommendation_template, click here), and, if you have not done it yet, an abstract.
Applications missing one of these items will not be considered.
If you have already submitted an abstract, please include the title in your e-mail together with the application form, CV, and copy of membership of a FEMS Member Society.
Recipients of NASA travel awards are not eligible for FEMS grants, so please, do not apply.
Applicants will receive an e-mail with the outcome of the selection process by the 23rd of July.
As a FEMS Member Society member, you can:
- benefit the grant provided for this meeting (see Eligibility above)
- apply for FEMS Grants
- benefit a discount off the registration fee for FEMS congresses
- benefit a 25% discount off a selection of OUP books